Auto Window Tinting
After you drive with tinted windows, you'll wonder how you ever used to drive without them. Tints keep the inside of your car cooler while keeping away harmful rays. At AC Autoglass Works, we're known for high-quality window tinting in Washington, NJ, with the utmost precision and professionalism. We treat your vehicle as if it were our own!
Please note that our window tinting services are typically offered on Saturdays only. Call now to schedule an appointment and request a quote.
Choose Your Tint
We offer a variety of black tints with shades from 5% to 65%. Choose from three varieties of auto glass film.
Ceramic Window Tint
This is the true king of the tint world. Our ceramic window tints last 10 times longer than other types of film and block 99% of all UVA and UVB light. Say goodbye to excessive heat and glare!
Metallic Window Tint
Our metallic tints include metal shavings that are finely ground into the dye to reflect light. These tints typically last for 10 years before re-tinting is required.
Dyed Window Tint
Dyed window tints are the most common type. They can be dyed to a wide range of percentages and generally start to fade after five years. Contact us today for more information about any of our windows tints.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you choose the right window tint?
Choosing the right car window tint involves several important considerations. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Purpose – The first step is to understand why you are getting a window tint installation. If it is for privacy, a 20% tint is an excellent choice as it is difficult to see through from a distance but visible up close. If you are looking for a stylish and smooth look, a 35% tint may be ideal, as it gives off a darker appearance.
- Location – Consider where you live and the local laws regarding window tinting. Laws can vary by state, so it is important to research the regulations in your area.
- Existing Privacy Glass – If your car already has privacy glass, this could affect the type of tint you choose.
- UV Protection – Some tints offer UV reflecting properties, which can protect your skin and car interior from harmful sun rays.
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT) – The “darkness” of car window tinting is rated by its VLT—how much light it lets through the film.
- Quality – Regardless of the tint percentage you opt for, make sure to choose a high-quality film and purchase your tint from a reputable local source.
- Vehicle Type – Ensure the tint you choose is suitable for your specific vehicle type.
Remember, while aesthetics play a part in choosing a window tint, functionality, and legal compliance should also be key factors in your decision.
What should you use to clean your tinted windows safely?
Cleaning tinted windows requires caution to avoid damaging the film. Here are some methods you can use:
- Warm Water & Dish Soap
- Water & Microfiber Cloth
- Mild Detergent or Car Wash Soap
- Vinegar & Water Solution
- Window Tint Soap Mixture
- Baby Soap & Rubbing Alcohol